A board-certified obstetrician/gynecologist, Dr. Earlando Thomas has special interests in Urogynecology, advanced Laparoscopic/Robotic Surgery, and Resident Education.
He earned his medical degree at the University of the West Indies (1986), received residency and urogynecological training in Ob/Gyn in the United Kingdom, and completed his residency in Ob/Gyn at Rochester General Hospital. He is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, as well as the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Dr. Thomas is a member of the American Urogynecology Society, and an assistant clinical professor at the University of Rochester. He enjoys going on medical missions, soccer, and spending time with his wife and two children.
Areas of Medical Interest and Specialties:
- Resident Education
- Robotic and Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Interstitial Cystitis
Professional Associations & Achievements:
- Board certification in Obstetrics and gynecology
- Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Rochester School of Medicine
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member of the American Urogynecology Society
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- Monroe County Medical Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists & The council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology National Faculty Award (2011)
- Class of 1990 Resident Teaching Award: The University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (2004)